I can't recommend "This is Us" enough


 


Rafa and I are about to finish watching the last episodes of "This is Us" and I must say I have enjoyed every single minute of this show. It is SO beautiful it gives me goose bumps every time I think about it.

The show is about the story of a beautiful family with a non-linear timeline as it goes back and forth into the future to deliver the most beautiful stories by helping you connect the dots. It is full of the beauty of life and of course there are some dramas. You will need to take a box of tissues with you and I highly recommend watching it with someone to discuss different your points of view.

My favourite character: Beth

Her father Abe was a policeman born in Jamaica and her mother Carol, was a teacher at a local school. 
She is my favourite character of the show. She is the perfect person and I admire her with all my heart. She is calm, intelligent, sensitive, elegant, tenacious... I love this character.



It took me 3 episodes to start feeling I was part inside the show. In the beginning you know nothing about the characters so it's very hard to empathise but once you get to know them it's like being with them and feeling with them. So I totally recommend you give it a go!

The character I identify with the most: Randall

Randall was adopted by a white family and has spent his whole life trying to find a place and people he feels he belongs with. He is also obsessed with making sure everything goes perfect, in a couple moments he got lost in himself but at heart he's a very beautiful person and gets to recognise his own mistakes.



My favourite analogy: Finding the door

This analogy to describe those moments when you're desperate stuck with a problem and just before the moment you think everything is going to fail, you find a solution that solves the problem. We've used this analogy in a recent experience. I got tears in my eyes from the memory of the scene and the happiness of finding a solution.

You can watch the exact moment when this analogy is deployed into a scene in the minute 1:20 of the following video: